Poppy Cottage Food ...
We are very proud to have been awarded 'Enjoy England's Breakfast Award' in recognition of the high standard and quality of breakfast we serve. All thanks must go to our 'girls' who supply us daily with gorgeous eggs. Bacon and sausage is from our own outdoor reared pigs or at other times we use an award winning butcher in Skipton - Drake & Macefield.
Please take a look at our menu below, we are always happy to cater for your special dietary requirements.
- Breakfast is served between 8.30am & 9.30am.
- We are flexible and will happily serve breakfast earlier or later if required
- Wake up your taste buds with a refreshing fresh fruit salad or enjoy one of our homemade banana and granola yoghurt pots.
- Help yourselves to cereals and fruit juices from the dresser, or maybe a bowl of 'creamy' porridge, made with oats and milk soaked overnight to make it extra delicious!
- Don't overfill though as we serve a hearty 'Yorkshire Breakfast' cooked to your liking using our own sausage and bacon (vegetarian sausage and bacon available) and served with our fresh free range eggs.
- Mini breakfast stacks are available for those who have a smaller appetite.
- Scrambled eggs with salmon & chives is on the menu or maybe you might fancy one of Steve's 'huge' pancakes with a variety of toppings available from the dresser. Or even a lovely omelet made with the filling of your choice
- Pots of Yorkshire tea or freshly brewed coffee will accompany your breakfast, along with racks of toast with real butter and homemade jams and preserves.
Continental Breakfast option available which can be served in your room.
Skipton is just a 5 minute drive away, where you will find many fine eating establishments. To help you with making a booking, check out the tripadvisor page with details of the restaurants and cafes in Skipton and the local area.
We are always happy to organise taxi's or run you into town.