Poppy Cottage Food ...
In February 2012, we were awarded the 'Enjoy England's Breakfast Award' in recognition of the high standard and quality of breakfast we serve. And after our recent visit from 'Quality in Tourism' March 2013, our Breakfast Award remains 'pride of place'. All thanks must go to our 'girls' who supply us daily with gorgeous eggs and the delicious bacon and sausage from our own outdoor reared pigs
Breakfast is served between 8.30am & 9.30am.
We are flexible and will happily serve breakfast earlier or later if required
- When you come down to breakfast, wake up your taste buds with a refreshing fresh fruit salad or enjoy one of our homemade banana and granola yoghurt pots.
- Help yourselves to cereals and fruit juices from the dresser, or maybe a bowl of 'creamy' porridge, made with oats and milk soaked overnight to make it extra delicious!
- Don't overfill though as we serve a hearty 'Yorkshire Breakfast' cooked to your liking using our own sausage and bacon (vegetarian sausage and bacon available) and served with our fresh free range eggs. Or perhaps you have a small appetite and fancy one of our mini breakfast stacks.
- Scrambled eggs with salmon & chives is on the menu or maybe you might fancy one of Steve's 'huge' pancakes with a variety of toppings available from the dresser. Or even a lovely omelet made with the filling of your choice
- Pots of Yorkshire tea or freshly brewed coffee will accompany your breakfast, along with racks of toast with real butter and homemade jams and preserves.
Continental Breakfast option available which can be served in your room.
'Winter Warmer' Evening Meals...
During the winter months (midweek only) we offer a '2 course' evening meal (to be pre-ordered see menu below ) for just an extra £15 per person. Enjoy your meal in the comfort and privacy of the cottage dining room, then put your feet up and relax in front of a roaring fire in the guests lounge with a hot drink.
When booking your meal online, please call 01756 792874
to let me know your meal choices for the night of your arrival, thankyou
- Braised Beef Steak in red wine casserole
- Pan-seared Chicken Breast in a garlic and white wine sauce
- Thyme Roast Pork with leeks in a cider cream sauce
- ....All the above dishes are served with potatoes and mixed vegetables
- Spicy Lamb Tagine served with cous cous
- Vegetable Chilli with either jacket potato or rice
- For pudding...
- Fruit Crumble or Bread and Butter pudding with custard or cream
- Or Fresh Fruit Salad with ice cream.
All our dishes are homemade using produce from our local award winning butcher in Skipton, Drake and Macefield,
and our own produce.
Eating out ...
Skipton is just a 5 minute drive away, where you will find many fine eating establishments.
We are always happy to organise taxi's or run you into town.